Heading into the 4th…
We hope this posts finds you well and getting ready to safely enjoy the July 4th Holiday. In the face of this pandemic, change has become the new normal: they way we work is different today, the way we shop is different today, the way we socialize is different today, the way New Hope provides care is different, but our vision remains unchanged.
- Our central mission is guiding the healing process of children, adolescents, and their families who are burdened by psychological and psychiatric illnesses. We seek those who suffer more than minor maladjustment and whose needs are such that others have been unable to help. At New Hope, care and understanding are informed by knowledge to provide services designed to restore healthy functioning.
On June 23, 2020, Dr. Anthony Fauci at the CDC indicated “we are in a disturbing surge in many states.” These states include both SC and NC, and SC is one of 21 states seeing an increase in hospitalizations related to Covid-19. Dr. Fauci went on to say “the next few weeks are critical.” His message to all Americans is a warning of a serious increase in community spread of Covid-19 across the south and some other states.
At New Hope, we have noted an increase in employee reports of being ill or being directly exposed to someone with Covid-19 symptoms. We began tracking our employees for Covid-19 in March 2020. Out of 400 + employees, we have had 7 confirmed cases of Covid-19. Additionally, we have identified positive cases in our resident population, specifically on our New Choices program. The program was placed on an admission freeze and total unit quarantine on June 23, 2020. As with past cases, none of the residents are showing any significant symptoms.
As we continue our vision-driven work we will:
- Remain vigilant in all of our infection control, mitigation and containment procedures
- Continue to monitor all residents daily for symptoms.
- Continue to test new admissions and those who might be symptomatic.
- Continue to quarantine those who have been tested.
- Continue to quarantine programs when our medical team suspects or when a positive case is confirmed.
New Hope…Our Name…Our Promise